Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone

Some shots of my new aquascape ... Just some partial views, the full tank shot coming in few days

A video :

·
Registered
766 Posts
Your photos are a tease. The glosso looks amazing, even in the shaded areas, so tight and uniform. I guess the Metal halides do the trick. I had issues of it growing stringy the second it was in the shade with 130watts over a 20g. :rolleyes: O'well. Great Job!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Wow, the plants look so healthy and lush. The glooso, it is so perfect it looks almost artifical!
Can you give us some tips on how you managed to make the glosso so even in level. Nad please give som info on dimensions and lighting schedule.

Thank! great work!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all for comments :)

Can you give us some tips on how you managed to make the glosso so even in level.
Not some "secret", just a well done nutrition and lighting ... A very nutritive soil and a big lighting by HQI (near to 1.2 W/L).

The GLosso love it !!!

Nad please give som info on dimensions and lighting schedule.
Tank specifications :
- Tank => L 110 cm * H 55 cm * P 50 cm - 300 L (250 L in final)
- Lightning => 300 W HQI (2*150 W) - 5.200 °K (BLV) -10 hours per day
- Filtration => external canister EHEIM 2026 + external canister TetraTec Ex600
- CO² => injection in the canister, 2 bubbles per second, 12 hours by day
- Substrate => Deponit-mix (Dennerle) + Latérite + Zeolith + TourmalineBC + Heating cord 25 W
- Fertilization : Profito (Easylife) + Ferro (Easylife) + KNO3 + PH2PO4

;)

·
Registered
204 Posts
I had a similar lighting with 2x150W MH 10000K for 80(l)x50x55(h)cm, with canister CO2 with the ph controller, but I always had thread algae problem, I always thought it was the lighting, too much for my aquarium.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The finals shots for the "CAPA" (a french aquascaping contest) ...

The tank was not like I want, I have to work again to the trim of Rotala sp.green for the next contest AGA ](*,)

;)

·
Registered
204 Posts
What I find hardest in this aquaticplants hobby is to keep the tank so clean and tidy. You have surely done that, this is the tidyest and cleanest tank Ive ever seen!!

After you trim it according to the photo you edited, how long does it take to have the even bushy effect, would that be instant or would it take same time for them to grow some stems?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts