Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen references to a broken link on how to back flush a Eheim classic. Does anybody have a working link or can describe the process?
thank you
Kypros

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, the Grigg article seems to have edited out the back flush potion of the original article--maybe its not standard practice to do so anymore. I guess you are of the school that rinses out the media rather than replacing it? I would rather do that.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Yes, the Grigg article seems to have edited out the back flush potion of the original article--maybe its not standard practice to do so anymore. I guess you are of the school that rinses out the media rather than replacing it? I would rather do that.
Hmm I though it was there. As far as I know backflushing is a common thing to do with the classics.

Yes I am from the school of rinsing bio-media. if it ever gets to mucked up I just take the Ehfisubstrat and rub them together and then rinsing real good...no need to ever replace in my book.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Obviously you rinse it in tank water. Do you rinse all of it at once. I was thinking of putting it in a media bag for easy moving?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Obviously you rinse it in tank water. Do you rinse all of it at once. I was thinking of putting it in a media bag for easy moving?
I rinse all at once in tank water. Just make sure the media bag is big enough, you don't want any water bypass...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts