Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another plant I found on the emerald lake is Bacopa araguaia. For starters, I think from now on I will jump on opportunities to buy any plant with Araguaia in the name. The Hygrophyla sp. araguaia and this plant are just too unique.

Anyway, I have grown the large leaved pink Bacopa 'colorata' and I apppreciate it but the leaves are too big for my liking. Now this plant, with it's small purple leaves, has really caught my attention. Anyone ever heard of this plant stateside and where it can be purchased?

·
Administrator
7,397 Posts
Bacopa sp. 'araguaia' has been around for a while. Nice plant, though I think there's definitely something funny about that photo.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah ha! Notice I didnt write Bacopa sp. araguaia which is another plant altogether. Here are two pictures of B. sp. araguaia which I am not interested in at all. Both are very different from each other and from the plant which is the focus of this thread.

·
Registered
645 Posts
leaf and veination is the same in the purple leaf plant and the first picture in the 3rd post. But the purple leaf image looks doctored or something

·
Premium Member
5,865 Posts
leaf and veination is the same in the purple leaf plant and the first picture in the 3rd post. But the purple leaf image looks doctored or something
Agreed, they're the same plant and that first photo is definitely doctored. Bacopa 'Araguaia' is simply gramatically incorrect for Bacopa sp. 'Araguaia'. ;)

See this thread here.

It's a shame it never really seem to catch on before.

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
It has some other interesting new plants, including a new water sprite, Ceratopteris sp. "laos", with a decorative leaf pattern, a new Vallisneria that looks like a stem plant with alternating leaves and a new ludwigia, L. grandulosa (not glandulosa).

·
Administrator
7,397 Posts
It has some other interesting new plants, including a new water sprite, Ceratopteris sp. "laos", with a decorative leaf pattern, a new Vallisneria that looks like a stem plant with alternating leaves and a new ludwigia, L. grandulosa (not glandulosa).
I think they mixed up a letter with that last one... The Vallisneria could be V. triptera or V. caulescens.

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
Their L. grandulosa is between two L glandulosa's and it appears to have opposite leaves. Actually, so does the other glandulosa on the right side, L glandulosa, verigated. The one on the left, really looks like glandulosa, I don't know what the other two are.

They do have Vallisneria caulescens(left) and this new one---new for me---, V. triptera (right).

Here is another image of V. triptera, taken from http://www.aquagreen.com.au/plant_data/Vallisneria_triptera.html

The new watersprite, "laos", looks interesting, too.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Actually that site is in Chinese (too bad . . . since I can only read Japanese . . .) lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts