Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
African Clawed Frog

Grows as big as a bullfrog, has claws, eats anything it can swallow and carries a deadly fungus. And people were buying them. Unbelievable.

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Some kind of African fungus that it carries on its skin. Kills other frogs but I wouldn't want to take my chances.

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
That's really funny! My brother had one for a few years (it finally died) and now I'm wondering if they are outlawed where he lived (Texas). I don't think the fungus is harmful to humans because he handled it all the time.

"The African clawed frog was used in hospitals in the 1940s and 1950s as a way to detect pregnancy in women. It produces eggs when injected with the urine of a pregnant woman."
- I wonder who was the first person to say, "Hey, lets inject these guys with piss and see what happens!"

-Dave

·
Registered
58 Posts
ROFL.. Had to be pot smokers. LOL I can see it now.. holding breath saying "Cough.. hey cough I got an idea"

·
Premium Member
8,540 Posts
That's really funny! My brother had one for a few years (it finally died) and now I'm wondering if they are outlawed where he lived (Texas). I don't think the fungus is harmful to humans because he handled it all the time.

"The African clawed frog was used in hospitals in the 1940s and 1950s as a way to detect pregnancy in women. It produces eggs when injected with the urine of a pregnant woman."
- I wonder who was the first person to say, "Hey, lets inject these guys with piss and see what happens!"

-Dave
I always love this reasoning. It cracks me up. It's like the polk berry bush. The berries are poisonous and so are the leaves. BUT if you boil the leaves and drain the water off 3 times it's ok to eat. I've had polk salad. Who was it that tried it 2 times and died and then said, "Let's try it a 3rd time!"?... Cracks me up!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts