Aquatic Plant Forum banner
241 - 255 of 255 Posts

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #242 ·
Plans for the iwagumi

so now i have to plan out this iwagumi... Im very nervous with all honestly, most likely more than i should be. My plan is pretty simple but i just need a little advice,

So here are my ideas:

Your basic iwagumi stone layout (but with lava rock)

-Dwarf baby tears (carpet)
-Blyxa Japonica (to put in between the rocks)

Should i do a background plants? and should i put those directly behind the rocks or just all over the background?...
Thats where im really lost at... the background..

As for substrate, i currently have a dirted substrate (well why where you waiting for your fish to die off? here's your answer...) i really want to take the dirt up and start doing traditional Estimative index dosing (dry) again because with this dirt its reaching... a 1-2 year old age and its Still going surprisingly i havent does in.... a long time.
I would like to tear up the entire substrate and re do EVERYTHING substrate wise, i have the sand to replace it with luckily so that is not another purchase i have to make. Its just inert very fine PFS. I could take the fish out, but what about all the shrimp? and even some of the fish i have in there i simply, cannot, catch even if the tank was bare and the water level was super low. Yes im talking about the unknown amount of breeding pygmy corys i have living in there like a tribe...

So thats how far i am into thought on this so far.

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #243 ·
Update time:

Did a massive trim, and FINALLY- came up with a great re-scape for the right most portion of the tank! looks great now and i hope it works out!

We'll see later on for sure!

Here are images, pardon the bacteria bloom:

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #244 ·
Some picture updates,
quick pics so dont judge me on the images bad quality.

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #246 ·
Nate, you've came a long way and it looks good!

Who's phone was used for the pics??? [smilie=b:[/QUOTE]

LOL i still own just a fliphone :( :( it wasnt used i swear

a crappy lense was used though lol

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #248 ·
Taking the tank down (moving reasons)

*Sold all plants
*I found the fish a home that i think they can live their lives out in whilst thriving
*Taking down tank.

·
Banned
135 Posts
I just added Super Red Ludwigia to my 240. I was pleasantly surprised to see that with some extra window light..it sort of looks metallic red. Its a 6 stem bunch,young. I look forward to it being a large pruned ball and background for Bolbitis heudelotii.

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #251 ·
When will you be back in business with your tank set back up???
aquascaping, sadly not anytime soon.

other projects however, i will document on here. Greenhouse is starting back up maybe, etc.

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #252 ·
I recently have moved out into my own place, i am in the process of setting up a 10 gallon Waterbox.
The setup is as follows

Tank Details:

10g Waterbox
Custom stand (have yet to pick it up, should be about 3 weeks)
Built in Filter

Equipment:

5g Co2 Canister
Atomic Co2 diffuser from GLA (Green Leaf Aquariums)
Fluval Heater

Substrate:

UNS 'extremely fine' brown substrate.

Plants (ideas):

Marsilea hirsuta

Hydrocotyle verticillata

Rotala rotundifolia 'H'ra'

Rotala indica 'Bonsai'

Bacopa caroliniana

241 - 255 of 255 Posts