Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 35G long and I was wondering about some suggestion with my aquascaping...There is no ferts or lighting on this tank (stock hood light) The plants in there are just a few trimmings my friend gave me. I plan for a 10,000k 96W PC light to be added on tursday.

any suggestions? Comments?

·
Registered
151 Posts
i don't know how to make suggestions to you on your tank since i don't know what type of tank your looking for i do how ever like the looks of your rock you could get some types of mosses and tie them on parts of your rocks and see were that gets you but i am sure the light you currently have is not gonna be enough to grow much of anything but it never hurts to try with mosses and maybe an anubias or two java fern is another low light plant the piece of hornwort you have and i think the other is wisteria but i am not 100 percent sure if they grow you can do moss and anubias and that way you wont have to upgrade the lighting

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I plan on upgrading the light this thursday. I placed an order for a 96W 10,000k bulb PC

I dont really know the type of look im going for, just seeing what people have to say.

The rocks are old saltwater rocks from my marine setup, I boiled them and left them to dry out(did that 3 times) then added them to the tank.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Here are my suggestions:
Sagittaria
Cryptocoryne wendtii v brown
Java fern v needle leaf
Cryptocoryne crispatula var. balansae
Hygrophila polysperma 'Rosanervig'
Hornwort (temporary plant to help absorb nitrates)

A 10,000k have some blue photons in them thus may promote algae.
I find the 6500 bulb better for plants.

Examples of light affect on view of plants
http://www.theplantedtank.co.uk/lighting.htm

1 - 4 of 4 Posts