Aquatic Plant Forum banner

BDT's Planted Pond (PICTURE INTENSIVE)

9K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  zQ. 
#1 ·
I just found this absolutely stunning pond that's well planted. It's a great shame that there's not more photos. :(

Pretty dogs.

See less See more
#7 ·
BDT is Budi, a member of this forum. I was reading an old post and came across his signature which lead me to his photo gallery. Absolutely stunning! :happy:

Up until I joined this hobby and saw pictures like these, I honestly thought that all ponds are supposed to be green. I didn't know that it's actually green because of a green water algae bloom. I had no idea that ponds can have such beautifully clear water. The things you'll learn. ::laughs::

#8 ·
that's a great pond. mine is languishing in the winter doldrums now...coated in leaves and etc. yesterday, the neighborhood loose dogs jumped into it and rolled around a bit. luckily there isn't much that isn't dorant right now.
with any luck this spring, it'll start to perk back up!

#10 ·
Did my spring cleaning in my 55 gal pre-form this weekend. The aquatic forget-my-nots (Myosotis scorpioides) and Iris are starting to show growth; and dragonfly nymphs?! I'll have a bumper crop of dragonflies this years.

Cheers.
Jim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.