Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Is the dosing regime you detail above daily or weekly?

It looks as if you have increased PO4 dosing, unless I am reading in error. Possibly that has some bearing on the situation.

I have 50-60 bpm CO2 (pressurized) going into a heavily planted 30g. I would think of bumping up the CO2 for a while. Perhaps also replace the L. inclinata 'Cuba' with another suitably 'nutrient hungry' plant for the time being.

H2O2 does work but you need to be on the job daily and have a decent syringe to get it to the BBA. Pruning off affected leaves also helps a great deal, as does removing it from the substrate, if present.

The Eheim 2222 is easy to service, it would be a good idea to change the hoses (or clean with H2O2) and thoroughly rinse the media.

I had a similar outbreak in a 20g and have ridded myself of it by cleaning the filter and hoses and using H2O2, increasing the CO2, and making sure the plants have enough nutrients. Cleaning any hardscape including substrate was helpful.

1991 is a long time. Perhaps it is time to...

Andrew Cribb

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Interesting. I use fairly high does of Flourish Excel at times and do not notice either fish or shrimp suffering. That's the only product from the Seachem Flourish line I use. Perhaps it also helped with the demise of the BBA.

Andrew Cribb

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.