Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I asked a similar question a few days ago, and mistergreen was very helpful. Thanks. However, maybe I asked the wrong question.

Here we go.

If money is no object (be reasonable) what is the best CO2 system for a 180 gallon freshwater set up. The tank already has a good number of plants and about 30 fish. Fluval 48 inch Plant. The objective is enjoy full color and moderate growth of the plants, some of which have moderate light requirements.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, mistergreen. As always, I appreciate your advice. I've been using Excel for two weeks. The first at half dose and last week at full dose. Some of the plants (Nymphaea Rubra, Ludwigia repent, Java Moss) look better than before Excel, but no improvement in other plants (Cryptocorynes, Anubias Nana Petit, Java fern), that I hoped for.

But Steven F's idea appeals to me. Low tech, safe, and (I think) my wife can manage it when I'm on the road. I already bought a cranberry juice bottle this morning to test it out. My tank is pretty larger at 180 gallons. So, we'll see how this goes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts