Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm setting up a 15gallon moss / anubias low light tank and I'm trying to figure out which moss would be best for the "carpet" portion of the tank.

Right now I have java, christmas, taiwan, and weeping moss all on the way. If none of those will work well any other suggestions would be welcome :D

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well I guess i envision a "carpet" in the typical sense (although I guess that isn't very descriptive). I would just got with java moss but I'm concerned about how tall it might get. maybe with consistent trimming i could keep it down. i'm just trying to get a layer of vegetation over the substrate. nothing too tall preferably. but i'd like it to be dense.

will the flame moss spread out or just grow up? because looking at the picture of it, that's the "look" i'd be going for. but if it's just going to just grow straight up then it might not fill in the substrate like i want it to.

·
Premium Member
8,540 Posts
Flame moss grows up and spreads. It might be neat to think in terms of sculpturing your mosses. Bush here, low grow there, etc. Every moss will eventually keep growing and get to be too high. Some are very slow growing so that will help. Check out those moss sights. You'll be amazed at your possibilities.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts