Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What are the best plants for a 2 gallon NPT for my betta. I'm trying to make it into an el natural tank, so i would like to know what plants are best. I already have an Anubias of some kind which has been doing well for the week I've had it.
EDIT: oh yea how many plants should i begin with, i dont want to start with too little and have to save my betta from poisoning itself, and i also dont want too many that my fishy cant swim.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Okay, well so far ive made of list of:
Dwarf Hairgrass
Banana Plant
Java Fern
Water Sprite
Anacharis
ChainSword - Narrow Leaf

now i dont think all of those plants will fit in the tank, will they? Which ones do u think are the best (listing all the ones which u think would work would be great =] )

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Ordinary Java fern will grow too big once established, stick with needle, narrow and Windelov versions. You could have a pretty wide range of smaller crypts too.
You can use some smaller stems plants too, you'll just have to trim them more readily. I'd recommend Mayaca and Bacopa australis as I've used both quite successfully in my 5 gallon tank.

Try looking at some of these on the Plantfinder, http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/...ment&spec=Foreground&head=Aquascape_placement

1 - 4 of 4 Posts