Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Friends !

Im running a Eheim 2217 and an Eheim Internal Filter (Aquaball 2210) on my 4 feet tank of frontosas.

I have connected my Eheim 2217, such that the water from it literally just drips in to the tank (the water flows in to baskts containing pot scrubbers, coarse flter foam, carbon etc and then falls in to the tank) - so that there is minimum water movement for my fronts.

Now, I understand that this has stopped all the water circulation from my tank (which I guess is bad ???) - My Internal Eheim Aquaball is still in there and just wanted to know which is the best postion for it to cause the best possible water circulation. The outflow direction of the aquaball can be adjusted in any way, at any angle.

Kindly guide me in whcih way and angle to point ti to be the most useful for my tank.

Do I point it diagonally at the front glass at the water surface or should I point it down, towards the subsrtate? Also which angle is good.

Kindly guide me a little here...
Thanks a lot !
Regards
Kush

·
Registered
654 Posts
Is this a Frontosas tank or a planted tank? Most hobbyists here have a tank dedicated only for frontosas with lots of current. An eheim 2217 is low for most people here. As for the powerhead pump, just have it point from left to right side or vice versa.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HI there !

Thanks for the reply ! This is a frontosa tank and I've heard that too much water current isnt good for them... any ideas ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts