Aquatic Plant Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

· Premium Member
8,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·

· Premium Member
8,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Amazing array of plants. I especially love the Limnophilia sp 'Guinea' broadleaf and the Rotala Macrandra in the green. Where did you happen to find the Limnophilia?
Thanks for your comments. A member of our local plant club (DFWAPC) brought it to one of the meetings. Perhaps he may sell some sometime. It's really a beautiful plant. When I got the small pieces from him I thought they looked interesting but out of water didn't rock my world. When I got them in water and they began to grow I was really please at it's beauty.

· Premium Member
8,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
PX UPDATE! I just planted a foreground of Elatine triandra. Of course it has to fill in. Think I'm gonna take the Rotala sp 'Nanjenshan' out of the left corner and leave the Hotonina palustris there to fill in. Gonna take out the Staurogyne sp. Porto Velho. I have Microsorium sp 'Trident' that is on the rock on the right. It has had a hard time. It's finally starting to come back.

· Registered
578 Posts
What a pretty tank!

And its so nice to see the little danios all out in the open now that its all "theirs"!

You have a really lovely array of plants - and I agree on the rotala... I think it looks nice there.

· Premium Member
8,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
really nice aquarium :)

what the red thing at the middle right ? a rock ? (right in front of the bacopa)
Red thing is a rock. I've had trouble with the Trident Java fern. It has been a magnet for BBA. So weird as no other bba but there. Finally took it out and dipped the entire thing. We'll see what happens now.

· Registered
2,918 Posts
Drinda,

I know you're using EI for your tank, but what exactly is your supplimentation regimen,lighting amount, and photoperiod? I've got a 10g with algae issues from hell and I'd like a baseline regimen to compare mine against.

Thanks,
Phil

· Premium Member
8,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I have the U tube florescent bulbs that are on for 8 hours per day. I do 1/8 tsp KNO3, 1/32 tsp phospates on M,W,F and 1/32 tsp CSM+B on T,Th,S and Flourish iron 1 ml once or twice a week. 50% w/c on Sunday. The U tube bulbs have less restrike. These bulbs are 10000K unfortunately. I can't find this wattage in a different Kelvin. It does get indirect sunlight as it's in a western facing room with 4 windows.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.