Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,540 Posts
Looks interesting! You might want to angle the front edges of the sides to be thin to nothing so you don't see the bluntness of it. I can imagine it done. I think it's really gonna look nice. I like your idea of a small filter in the tank. Great work! :D

·
Premium Member
8,540 Posts
This is such a neat project. I only wish you had done it in a tank that was not cracked! All this beautiful hard work.... I hope you get the leaf fixed and are able to stop the erosion. I can't wait to see this one planted and running! :D

·
Premium Member
8,540 Posts
Saw your planted plan. It looks really nice. I'm not sure if you might want to rethink that now that you know Kaon likes to travel. Wondering how you might cover that tank?...

·
Premium Member
8,540 Posts
I think if you choose the right plants the reduced lighting won't be a problem. Mosses and crypts don't like tons of lighting. Java ferns of all types like low light. Maybe a java trident would look great in there as if it was a "flooded" land plant. Not sure what grass as fine as you've grown them will work but others may know. I can't wait to see it done. I love your project!! :D

·
Premium Member
8,540 Posts
Looking so good!! Wondering if your willow root might go down into your cement background and crack it apart. Those roots can get mighty strong. I'm sure you've seen what they can do to driveways and sidewalks.

·
Premium Member
8,540 Posts
This looks so great. What a wonderful job you have done! Your patience really has paid off! Can't wait to see Kaon in his new home. (Feel like I practically know him by now!)

·
Premium Member
8,540 Posts
To attach your java to the wood you can use super glue gel. It works great. Be sparing. It turns white under water. You can actually take the glue under water and squirt it onto the log and then press down the java onto it. It is absolutely safe for your fish. I have used it for my mosses and pellia. Make sure you get the gel kind. You will have instant success and Kaon will finally get to be in his house. He's growing older be the day you know! ;)

·
Premium Member
8,540 Posts
So glad to see Kaon in his wonderful home!! :p Didn't mean to make you uncomfortable about his age. 8-[ I just knew that if he knew what was waiting for him, he'd be begging :prayer: to get in there. Here's to a long and happy life! :tea:

·
Premium Member
8,540 Posts
Your tank still looks very nice. Glad to see this update. I've really enjoyed your thread. It's hard to believe it's been a year!

Sorry to hear about Kaon. :( Bettas are so personable. It's easy to get attached to them.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts