Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Looks like a fun project! I like the "rocks" at the lower back. The only suggestions I can offer is to paint the foam black before adding the moss and make sure you don't forget to leave room for filters, heaters and all.

I would also love to see more of a bumpy appearance on the walls so they blend in with the "rock" ledges.

Nice project! I'll enjoy watching you build it.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Looks very interesting! Can't wait to see it finished.

·
Registered
166 Posts
It's looking really good! I can't wait to see it finished with your betta inside.

I have four 5g tanks, but I'm only using one. I have Boraras and RCS in the tank which I have not scaped yet. The tanks are eclipse style so there's little light, especially in the back.

Something like this would really look good! And since I have 4 of them, I could work on one while the fish and inverts are still in another. Given the filtration, I'd only have to worry about the intake tube which I could camouflage with plants.

I can't wait to see how yours turns out when it's done. I love how it turns a regular tank into something special.

·
Registered
166 Posts
The wood makes it! I love the way you did the wood on the left of the picture. It's a perfect compliment for the other wood, and the way it travels down is very realistic looking.

I agree that the green is too much even if it's partly due to other tanks nearby. Rocks are brown or gray or beige, but not green. If the rocks were a more natural color, I think it would make the moss stand out more. That's just a suggestion. What you've done is really nice. I'm impressed!

·
Registered
166 Posts
That is looking really good! I can't wait to see it all put together with the substrate, moss and your betta. I'm liking this color much better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts