Aquatic Plant Forum banner
181 - 195 of 195 Posts
Aww man, those fry are so cute ^^, I never saw baby betta's before! I love your journal, I've read every page yesterday/today, great job on the tank for kaon. I'll definitely be following this as your fry grow.

Discussion starter · #184 ·
Kaon tends to be chronically ill. I had to take him out of the tank to treat yet again. so after a while, I put another male betta in. He's not had a problem. Kapn has had issue in every body of water, including unmedicated, clean-changed daily water.

Three sisters in a tank that should be thrown out eventually.

Discussion starter · #185 ·
Muddy Banks Update:

New Pics. I really need to get Co2 into this tank sometime.

Full view.

Lily pads staying little.

The moss comes and goes, it browns out then goes green and browns out again

Mondo Grass is VERY happy.

Doesn't look like you have much light. Are you certain adding Co2 won't create an imbalance resulting in algae. Have you tried something like flourish comprehensive or KNO3 and flourish excel.

Discussion starter · #187 · (Edited)
I am thinking I need more light, to be very honest. I was wondering if I can get halogen spots from Ikea to attach to the top of the box and shine into the front.

Eh, it is stiill a WIP.

I haven't fertilised much. I did add some tonight. I will see how a small fert regime works.

Edit: I just remembered why I don't use excel. Fissidens.

Discussion starter · #189 · (Edited)
I added a clamp on for supplemental lighting. I will add a yeast reactor as soon as I can find a gang valve to lower the rate.

Edit while I am at it... my fry: 2 months old now.

this one is my mother's I still have him.

female who shows "mustard" like colouration. (stressed from being in the photo tank)

Pax, my only blue male.

I love looking at your pics! I just bred 3 pairs of bettas a couple days ago. The temperature wasn't quite as high as normal, so we're still waiting for fry.

Discussion starter · #191 ·
Been forever with an update. Things have changed alot. some of the plants made it. some did not. I lost Kaon in a serious dropy outbreak.

The lights did not work very well, they kept going out. I can make changes, in time to that.

I have let the tank grow pretty wild. I moved my water lilly into another tank as the light is not sufficent for its survival.

Still the money wort is doing well, growing out of the water mostly, flowering. I've pruned it back just now in hopes it might bush.

Just about 1 year later:

Current Occupants:

Moonstorm
young assassin snails
1 cherry shrimp
trumpet snails

Sorry to hear about your loss. Fish have always held a close spot in my heart as well. I just recently lost a figure eight puffer that I have had for almost 2 years. He had such personality too. I would feed him by hand almost every night too. I would put the food in the palm of my hand and lower it in and he would sit cupped in my hand eating. Not sure what killed him, I think old age as for the last few months he was acting rather ill and not like himself and I could not figure it out for the life of me.

As for your tank I love it. I wanted to do something similar but something always seems to come up right when I am about to start. I was going to make a betta cave where only a little bit of light would be coming through to make little ribbons of light in the water,,,,, cant seem to get started though.

Again, great job on the beautiful tank.

181 - 195 of 195 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.