Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I purchased several things from these guys. Always good products and arrives in california from florida in about 1 week. Not too bad. They have a pricematching thing where they will pricematch any product and take an additional 5% off the product price. They also have a VIP membership where you get "cash back" after you purchase a certain amount. But you have to purchase alot to make it work while. that's why it got a 9 instead of 10. Bigalsonline.com is a great place to purchase about anything.

Sully

Rating9
ProsPricematching + 5% back on PM
Consnone
Would you recommend?yes

·
Registered
68 Posts
I use this vender for Seachem liquid fertilizers and Eheim replacement parts. They often offer 500ml Seachem bottles which are a better value than the 250ml sizes sold by other vendors. They also carry one of the most complete selections of Eheim filters and replacement parts at the best prices on the web. Their website, however, is not the easiest to navigate and shipping takes about twice the time as some of their competitors.

Rating8
Prosgreat prices on seachem and eheim products
Consnot the quickest shipping, difficult to navigate website
Would you recommend?yes

·
Registered
16 Posts
I did a lot of comparison shopping at other online retailers and kept going back to Big Al's.

The only thing I had to get elsewhere was a CO2 regulator and tank. I didn't like the models or prices on the ones they carried.

I bought a light, test kits, substrate, plant grabber/trimmer, tubing, heater, filter, and a few other things.

Shipped fairly quickly to Cincinnati.

Nothing to complain about.

Rating10
ProsFairly good selection, solid online vendor
ConsDidn't carry everything I needed, but close
Would you recommend?yes

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Big's al has great customer service. They replaced a half empty bottle of excel after I emailed them with pictures of the spill. Delivery of items is as stated about 1 week. During the winter holidays, expect a SALE or FREE SHIPPING.

Some products aren't here as with other places, but that's pretty much about everywhere.

-John N.

Rating9
ProsGood Customer Service, and delivery
ConsSome products not offered here, but at drsfostersmith.com
Would you recommend?yes

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have ordered twice from Big Als. Both were placed on the weekend. By thursday I had what I ordered. I have always gotted a great deal on what I ordered. A 50' Python for $42. Shippping has been very resonable.

If you are looking to buy Equipment Look At Big Als.

MAHA

Rating10
ProsGreat Price, Fast shipping, Great communication.
ConsReally can't think of any
Would you recommend?yes

·
Registered
135 Posts
Great online place to buy the little odds and ends. Way cheaper than my LFS but I do try to give my LFS some business to. This is the first place I go for food, media, filters, and such. Great general super store type place. The search engine could use some improvement, and sometimes its hard to find some things. Overall great store

Rating9
ProsPrice, price, and price
ConsShipping is a little slow, Search engine stinks sometimes
Would you recommend?yes

1 - 8 of 8 Posts