Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
I like it. Nice color in the reds. I think an odd # of renekii or placing them in a group would be more balanced.

Some people say that red looks better if it's off-center in the background but I think you get away with it here.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Nice tank

Looks like everything has started to fill in and there is healthy growth. I like the anubias, but the one on the left side is a little hard to see. What are the specifiations on this tank? Again, a very nice tank!

·
Premium Member
5,448 Posts
I find the reinickii in the left side within the Blyxa too distracting. Otherwise, I really like it.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bert H said:
I find the reinickii in the left side within the Blyxa too distracting. Otherwise, I really like it.
Hey thanks, I just noticed that as well, maybe behind the blyxa and in front of the rotala it would look ok.

Thanks for the comments and help, keep it comming, this is my first try at an aquascape

·
Registered
82 Posts
wow, tank looks good. I think that ball of moss in the left hand corner looks kinda out of place.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Very nice growth with DIY CO2, the HC is looking great as well! I'm loving the color the Limnophilia aromatica is giving!!! keep up the good work!

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Very nice! This is the first I've seen this thread. That's a bouquet of color. Can you share your other tank specs, lighting, fertilization for others who are interested?

-John N.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
This is the Spec of Big stick tank:
65 watt PC for 10 hrs
30" T-5 36 watts across the back for 8 hours in the middle.
Pressurized CO2 cranking at 30+ppm
Dry ferts, modified EI, I dont like dosing as high as EI and rely on the plant to tell me what I need.
Flourish 2-3ml every other day Flourish Iron 1-2 ml on the same days.
Filstar XP1
Addition powerhead for added flow- I like to see the Cyperus helferi flowing in the current!

That tank john is my inspiration on my first aquascape, thats the one i told you that has a coralife 65watts and can grow L. Aromitaca but now i think he add a T-5 bulb because his plants are leaning at the center. Hope to have a tank like that someday. Your 29 gal. tank john and this tank is the best 29 gallon i ever see, Job well done Guys!!!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Cyperus helferi and the Pogostemon Helferi looks very nice! I love how the former looks like it "sways" in the current. The scape has been improved since the first photo ;-)

Perhaps a bit more taller grass plants like Cyperus helferi or some Vals will add more variety to the right background? Not that they're looking bad now, they look nice already ;-)

Do keep up the good work.

·
Super Moderator
5,865 Posts
Looking good man. Kris didn't lie...it's time for a meeting at your place someday. :)

1 - 20 of 131 Posts