Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Luis, it looks like you're using the new Coralife PC/MH combo, how do you like it so far? And can I ask why you still use the Actinic bulbs that came with them? Can you please give us some more info about the setup?

·
Registered
550 Posts
Raul the HQI combo is awesome I really like it! As far as the actinic I did not change them because they didn't have 10,000K PC I like at the time but as far as I know they have been replaced and the tank runs with the 2 65 watts lamps from 10:00 am to 10:00 PM and the HQI runs for only 5 hrs.
This Aquarium belongs to my boss father so I don't even touch it! We have 5 Nice planted aquarium at the office and those I keep.
The owner is a bonsai master and he is a very patient man and a good friend he will come to my office to ask questions and learn about fertilization and that's it.
I will try to o to his place and photograph his tank it seems to be doing well because he keeps bringing me buckets of stem plants every now and then.
You may not be able to see the stem plants but they are behind the driftwood structure.
65 gallon
2217 Eheim
5 lb bottle with jbj regulator and dupla co2 reactor.
fertiplant and eco-complete
liliaeopsis spp.
Anubias spp.
Narrow leaf java fern
Hygrophila polyesperma narrow leaf
and I don't remember what else =)
Best regards,
Luis

·
Registered
550 Posts
Tony at the time this tank was set up driftwood was readily available at my friend pet shop (city pets) I don't think they can get it any more and it's a shame! It lovely to aquascape with such nice driftwood. Again I don't keep the tank and I think I have seen it no more than 5 times at the very beginning when I stabilized the tank for him.
Regards,
Luis Navarro

·
Registered
550 Posts
The substrate is what I have available at the time and it works just fine. About the pictures I will try to get more as soon as I visit my friend house.
Regards,
Navarro

1 - 11 of 11 Posts