Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
I seem to get my algaes under more or less control with this regime, although I plan on getting the macros as well. I've been in a very similar boat.

my 25 gallon tank, I give a full cap of flourish and flourish excel at water change. I spot treat problem spots with the excel. works a dandy. (filters turned off due to maintanance anyway) Then after that, I do 2.5 ml of excel and flourish every day. On the 3rd day, I do another capful of flourish, and 2.5 of excel then day before my water change (usually a tuesday shooting for a wednesday waterchange) I stop the flourish and just dose the excel. That is what is working for me. I do see issues where I can visually see a lack in either iron or a macro.

·
Registered
816 Posts
As stated, you can manually remove the infected leaves and start using more Flourish while you wait on your ferts to arrive. Manual removal is an important step because you may see an increase in algae growth if you do not remove it. Lack of nutrients is what brought on the algae but by adding them you will reduce or eliminate the algae from returning.
Absolutely. The more that is there, the faster it can and will spread. I failed to remove one leaf and shortly after I had a serious issue. But after a treatment of excel and increased flourish, seems to have slowed that down and caused my plants to go bananas.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts