Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
still cloudy from the substrate. im going to make a few adjustments at the next water change, i couldnt see anything when i was planting yesterday, the water was solid brown, and i even bumped into the fish a few times!

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
for lights i have four 30w t-8s with flora sun bulbs, and four 39w t-5hos (2 plant and 2 10k), which comes out to 2.2wpg. im also running pressurized co2, but im still dialing it in. i used soilmaster select for substrate and am dosing dry fertz. the plants are:

2 amazon swords
2 java ferns
2 crypt becketi
2 anubias nana
2 red wendti
green temple narrow
lim. hip. (aromatica)
wisteria
rotala indica
stargrass
red jungle vals
e. tennelus narrow leaf

im expecting a good deal of die off and what not as the plants get situated. any advice or tips for keeping them healthy?

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks. the fish you see in the pic are caribes. there are also 4 terns and two reds in there somewhere.

about the root tabs, i was under the impression that this soilmaster select had all the nutrients my plants would need (minus dry ferts). did i misunderstand this?

· Premium Member
4,880 Posts
about the root tabs, i was under the impression that this soilmaster select had all the nutrients my plants would need (minus dry ferts). did i misunderstand this?
I'm not 100% sure what all is in (or not in) the substrate. But I have the same stuff (aquariumplants.com plant substrate) and although all my other plants perform great in it, my swords suffer unless I supplement them with a couple root tabs beneath them. (And I dose liquid ferts using EI method.)

-dave

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Very nice looking fish and tank! What are you feeding them and how often?
thanks! i feed them chiclid gold pellets everyday, and tilapia filets, shrimp, scallops, etc about 3 times a week. i also have a breeding pair on convicts, and i release about 200 juvies that are 3/4-1" every few months so they pick those off gradually as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.