1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Jay,
thanks, I'm in CT.
member AGA- NEAPS - DWFAPC

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I have always been happy with AquaticFoods.com. As a matter of fact, I have an order of blackworms arriving today! They are always clean and healthy and I have never had a problem with the ordering process. Next day delivery included in your purchase!

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
On the frozen side, Hakari blackworms have never let me or my fish down. They tear into them as well as the do the live ones.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sir BlackhOle,
what kind of volume do you get when you order, say, one pound? I'm confused as to whether the total price is $12 or twice that. They haven't responded to my email queries.

gnatster,
I am currently feeding frozen daphia, bloodworms, and brine shrimp. but there's nothin' like the live stuff to get them breeding or to get my cardinals fat & sassy!

My LFS carries the live blackworms, but a key employee left and I statred getting bad batches.

penny (vancat)

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I usually get either one pound for $22.95 or 1/2 pound for $16.95. Just recieved my half pound order this morning. I dont see anything for $12. What are you looking at? As long as you change the water daily they last for a long time.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
1/2lb is about baseball sized. They even sell worm keepers that make it easier to change the water....its a container inside a container with a fine mesh on the bottom. Lift out the inner container with all the worms, dump the water, and refill with cold, treated tap water. I believe there are instructions on keeping blackworms on the website. Its easy though and the fish love em!

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Sorry didnt notice your post Gomer. For just a 29 gallon tank I would probably go with 1/2 lb. It will probably last you more than a month, but it depends on how much you feed of course.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
1/2 Lb of worms is a good bit, probably last 2 weeks feeding a 29 with worms exclusivly. Worm storage becomes and issue though, they need to be kept in the fridge. While for us bachlors keeping worms in the same fridge as our food it's not an issue for you married folks or with kids it may be an issue.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have purchased blackworms from Aquatic foods for a whil and am very pleased with them. I got the worm keepers and have a fridge in my fishroom. I have kept them going for as long as 8 weeks with only minor die off. You just need to rinse them every day.

·
Registered
0 Posts
A little late but I also have bought black worms from aquatic foods. They are always clean. I have 2 worm keepers that hold about 1/2 pound each with twice daily water change. As I use up the worms, I go to once daily water change, and then finally combine them to one worm keeper. I keep a gallon jug of dechlorinated water in the fridge for the rinse and water changes. They easily will last a month in the fridge with rinsing and just get a bit skinnier.

The family just had to get used to worms in the fridge. Mostly I have to warn people not to dring from the bottle labeled "worm water".

1 - 18 of 18 Posts