Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just getting back into planted tanks a bit after having my entire aquatic population terminated along with most of the house in the multiple hurricanes Florida experienced back in 2004. I've been out scouting local lakes and canals for plants but the wholesale spraying of these bodies of water to kill aquatic "weeds" has really done a number on some really desirable species. I did managed to finally find "pearl grass" or what I believe is Hemianthus m. but it has some type hair grass entangled at the base. I manually removed as much as possible without totally destroying most of the delicate plant so now I wonder if it can withstand bleach treatment or I should try H2O2 or clip of some tops and try to propagate it that way? Anybody know of another way to deal with this or secure a algae free population from this uprooted mass of plants I have floating in RO water? Thanks.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.