Aquatic Plant Forum banner

blue33 13g first planted tank

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  blue33 
#1 ·
Hi there,
This is my first time in planted tank, it started from end Feb08 this year, is about 5 months old now. It was a disposal tank found by one of the cleaner. Not much scape planning in the beginning as it was my first time dealing with aquatic plant at that time, so i was as eager like everyone, what ever plant i think is nice i will put it in. Hope next time i will showcase a better scape. ;) Is a 13g cube tank, front is curve.

My Sagittaria Subulata open flower yesterday afternoon. :peace:

One of my Amano shrimp,

Enjoy! Cheers :cool:

See less See more
#9 · (Edited)
Thanks! :D I dont have a fixed regime, my plants will tell me what they lack of. Currently i'm using
1) LUSGROW AQUA LIQUID trace and macro
2) LUSGROW dry ferts - potassium sulphate / potassium phosphate / magnesium sulphate
3) SEACHEME - iron / potassium / excel

The only thing i dose more is potassium. The rest is using EI methods, not following exactly as different plant need differently by their appearance. Different tank has different result on using the same regime, we have to adjust for their needs.

#8 ·
Thanks guy! :D There's alot of plants inside this tank,
Plants: Eleocharis sp. , Ludwigia brevipes , Glossostigma elatinoides (Glosso), Eustralis Stellata , Rotala sp Green , Rotala rotundifolia, etc... too many plants inside the tank :D

Using EI method
CO2 - 3bps
Lights - 72W T5HO
etc...

There are alot of people who either like the foreground or dont like. I do agreed with that foreground plant between Glosso and Jap Hairgrass(Eleocharis sp.) fighting for the space as i like to see what will happen between them and the result given, there is mid ground plant in the centre "Tonina sp. 'Belem'" if you look carefully, is just that the angle shot and "Ludwigia brevipes" is taking up the massive space within the small cube tank 13g/50l. I can easily get rid of Japs hairgrass(Eleocharis sp.) and show a beautiful pic with Glosso as the foreground plant. As this is my first planted tank on experimenting on planting, i would like to learn how to crawl first before i fly and how many people succeeded in crawling first. :-k If we dont know how to do well in planting then we can forget about scaping as well, i'm sure everyone would agreed on this. Sorry for my straight spoken. :-#

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.