Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I was trying to buy Super Tiger Shrimp and I found Bob's Tropical Plants was selling it pretty cheap($4 each shrimp) I saw some good reviews about this website so I decided to order 10 pack. The seller would answer my questions within an hour, so I had a very good feeling about ordering my tigers from this website. Payment was sent through paypal, and the priority shipping arrived in 2 days. I opend the box as soon as the delivery guy handed the package to me, and what I saw in there were exactly 10 dead shrimp(people usually send 1 or 2 extra...). They smelled really bad, red, orange color and flesh already kind of dissolving into water. The moss sent along with shrimp was dead brown clump (people usually send live moss for shrimp to hang on to) the bag used was thick tiny bag that barely fits shrimp (people usually use kordon bag or much larger bag), and there was no ice pack or no such kind of insulation despite the fact that it is summer. I took 3 pictures of shrimp dead in the unopend bag and sent to the seller within 10 minutes...no response. Now I am very confused and frustrated. The seller never responded after the payment was sent. I sent multiple emails to resolve the issue situation... Its been over three days after the arrival of dead shrimp. Can anyone tell me what I can do at this situation? I have been running my new tank for 2 months for this and everytime i see my empty tank i get so frustrated
Thank You.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I see that your post is dated in June. I hope you had the situation resolved. I have a different situation with an online vendor. I placed an order for 8 cardinal tetras on 11/13/2013 and charged it to my credit card. After 7 working days, my fish were not shipped. When I contacted the vendor, I discovered that I did not fill out the order completely as to what date would be best to ship. They had my phone number and never called to ask for it. So a date was set for shipping. My fish still did not arrive. Between emails and phone calls, I received excuse after excuse as to why my fish were not shipped. At one time, I was told my fish were out of stock. The company also charged my credit card immediantly after I placed my order which I consider bad business practice.
Well, I finally got fed up with their act and told them to ship my fish by 12/30/2013 or I will cancel the order. After waiting 6 weeks, I do not expect them to comply. So I will see if they do.

But to get back to your request and others; here is what I suggest. Check to see if the vendor is a member of the "Better Business Bureau". Most reputable business's are members. If they are a member, then file a complaint as it will have some weight to get them to resolve your problem. Even if they are not a member, file a complaint.
If the BBB cannot get them to comply, then contact their State Attorney General and file a complaint with them.
I urged all APC members to first check to see if the vendor is a member of the BBB and to see if there are unresolved complaints, before placing an order. Also if you used a credit card to make a purchase, then contact them and they might be able to help.
If you tried all above and still did not get satisfaction, then sign up for all the fish forums and explain your situation and ask others not to do business with them.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I see that your post is dated in June. I hope you had the situation resolved. I have a different situation with an online vendor. I placed an order for 8 cardinal tetras on 11/13/2013 and charged it to my credit card. After 7 working days, my fish were not shipped. When I contacted the vendor, I discovered that I did not fill out the order completely as to what date would be best to ship. They had my phone number and never called to ask for it. So a date was set for shipping. My fish still did not arrive. Between emails and phone calls, I received excuse after excuse as to why my fish were not shipped. At one time, I was told my fish were out of stock. The company also charged my credit card immediantly after I placed my order which I consider bad business practice.
Well, I finally got fed up with their act and told them to ship my fish by 12/30/2013 or I will cancel the order. After waiting 6 weeks, I do not expect them to comply. So I will see if they do.

But to get back to your request and others; here is what I suggest. Check to see if the vendor is a member of the "Better Business Bureau". Most reputable business's are members. If they are a member, then file a complaint as it will have some weight to get them to resolve your problem. Even if they are not a member, file a complaint.
If the BBB cannot get them to comply, then contact their State Attorney General and file a complaint with them.
I urged all APC members to first check to see if the vendor is a member of the BBB and to see if there are unresolved complaints, before placing an order. Also if you used a credit card to make a purchase, then contact them and they might be able to help.
If you tried all above and still did not get satisfaction, then sign up for all the fish forums and explain your situation and ask others not to do business with them.
RJordan,

You're in my neck of the woods--I'm in Trenton, just spittin' distance (well, it's have to be a good one).

I know this is an old post but I have a question. You wrote that you had a different situation with "AN" online vendor. Can we assume that you're talking about someone other than Bobs/Mgamer? This is important as I think the review you've given gives the impression that you're problem applies to the same vendor the OP was discussing, but when I read more closely I'm not sure about that.

OP, did you ever get any satisfaction?
thanks!

·
Registered
403 Posts
When I see a complaint by a forum member about an on-line vendor and that vendor had ample time to resolve the problem and has refused to contact the buyer, then that vendor gets added to my "Do Not Buy List".
The company that I had a problem with gave me the run around for about 7 weeks and I finally had to cancel my order. After the cancellation, I got a prompt refund credited to my Visa account. But This does not excuse the company for their actions; so they got added to my "Do Not Buy List".
The name of the company is Rainforest Farms International. www.rfitropicalfish.com/ They are located in Bloomington, Indiana.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts