Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Bolbitis Heteroclita Cuspidata - "Micro"

In the second and third pictures you can see Fissidens Splachnobryoides. This Bolbitis is called MICRO but is bigger than Heteroclita Difformis (caled MINI):

Maybe it is just a mistaken name of this shop.

Cuspidata and also Difformis has the same rate of growth. Some people say that growing extremaly slow, others that it is just very slow. I'd say that's quite slow, but not drastically. It depends on what water quality conditions we will served. Growing quite fast in Co2 and good ground substrate.

If leaves are destroyed or algae then Bolbitis can give a small new plant (seedling) on this leaves, just as Microsorium.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

No, it isn't the same. This is Cuspidata, and you have Difformis. Underwter could get brown, it is probably because water parameters could change (or just it is because you put in the new water enviroment), but it should be growing soon. My Difformis actually looks like that:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

MICRO and MINI (Micro for Difformis, Mini for Cuspidata) it is the only "trade" name. Some people mistaked this "trade" names (called Cuspidata as Micro and Difformis as Mini), but this is not important. I think that better if we call Cuspidata as Mini, and Difformis as Micro because is shown a clear difference in the size of this two species (difformis is much smaller in submerse version)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.