Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!!!

Some of my friends took pics of a beautiful stream...

The stream is typically Amazon, substrate of sand and dried leaves, roots and many Nymphaea, the water is tinted by tannin of many submerged logs and they also finded growing emerged Tonina fluviatilis in abundance in areas close to water.

Some pics of there...

The place...

Underwater pics...

Underwater...

Underwater - Crenicichla sp.

Underwater - Apistogramma agassizi

Underwater - Hyphessobrycon sp.

They also caught some fishes and used a tiny tank just to take some pics...

Monocirrhus polyacanthus

Carnegiella strigata

Potamorrhaphis guianensis

They took about 31 pics, the rest of them are here and the article is already translated to English - Shipping in Igarapé-Miri

·
Registered
733 Posts
Beautiful pictures, Cinthia, just like the fishes in your tank (from the other thread).

I envy the folks who live very close to such rivers and are able to look at the realistic environments.

What camera do you use for the underwater photography?

·
Administrator
7,388 Posts
Very nice! Your photography is quite good. Next time, take some plant pictures. I'm sure we'd all like to see Tonina in its natural habitat!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Cavan Allen,

I was at this stream when these photos were taken, sure we took some photos of the plants there.

Those biotopes are poor in plants diversity, and most times are limited to Ninphaeas and Toninas .

Here's a photo of "some" Tonina growing emersed near the stream:

And a Ninphaea flower:

Hope you like it.

Bye

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
gravy9
Hi! Thanks, take pics at these places are really amazing...
The camera was a Canon

Cavan Allen
Thanks but I didn't took the pics, my friend did it... but he already put the other ones with the plants [:D]

Thanks guys!

·
Administrator
7,388 Posts
Neato! Thanks Dennis and Cynthia. I always like threads like this and it's nice to see some biotopes from places farther from home.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Just like you folks, there's another member from Iguassu Falls, Brasil who has a biotope aquarium. You can find his thread here.

Keep up the good work and keep the pictures coming. Glad you decided to share the pictures.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
gravy9
I saw his tank, but he changed the flora and fauna.... isn't a biotope anymore, at least not a true one. It was very nice when he started :D

Roy
Thanks, I'm glad you liked!!!!

But guys, I'm the one who should say thanks for you being so nice with us!!!!
Thanks a lot!

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
The photos are stunning and beautiful. That is just awesome that you were able to get such great pictures under water.

Thanks so much for sharing. :p

·
Registered
13 Posts
One day Im going to make it down there to see all of that for myself. I just have to keep on saving up for it or hit the lotto.

·
Registered
733 Posts
:cool:

·
Registered
733 Posts
Cinthia,

Really beautiful pictures. Do you have them in tanks also? And, are you using the same camera for the underwater pictures also?

I would like to visit the area sometime also. I'm green with envy.

Thank you for sharing and keep the pictures coming. This is wonderful.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi

No, I don't have it because they grow a little bit more than my amazon fishes tank can handle... but I'm going to change my fishes and put them on a bigger tank, maybe I'll be able to have bigger fishes...

All the pics that are in this thread are from my friend who has the Canon cam... all the other pics from other threads are mine (taken with the Sony H9)

You guys are wellcome to come whenever you want ;) Would be really nice if you could make it!!!Who knows sometime on future?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts