Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got about 50 of them yesterday and by the evening i could c a few babies...
i put them in a 40L bare tank with sponge filter and would like to move a few more to a 10L tank with java moss.
could u give some tips and water parameters from your breeding tanks? how hardy are the baby cherry red's?
do they need salt?
can i breed them in a 10-15L bare botom tank with sponge filter and moss?

·
Registered
156 Posts
I must have raised a few hundred shrimps by now, these nice looking shrimps most be one of the easyest thing to breed in the aquarium hobby. I have a small Juwell 54l tank with sand as a substrat, then some javamose, hornworth and Windeløv. They seems to reward me with offspring in a impresiv rate! I never done anything but some water changes ones a week, tap water reading at about 7,2, 2 gk & kh. Like all shrimps they are sensitiv to ammonia, so cycle your tank well before you move them.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I've gotten a lot of shrimps from Gomer. All he tells me is that he just cares for the plants and the fish and the shrimps just breed on their own. If you have a good plantedtank setup, then I think u'r good to go.

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
I think that Cherry reds need two things only - no fish that eat the babies and no filters that sucks them in.

My cherry red shrimp appearto be exceptionally dumb - they never run away from anything :D . You will have a ton of them in only a few weeks just make sure they are not bothered.

--Nikolay

1 - 5 of 5 Posts