Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hooray both my blue rams and dicrossus filamentosus have laid eggs! Now to see if any hatch....

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well looks like the rams have abandoned the eggs to the corys. I have a 29 gallon tank I am currently setting up to house just the rams and some dithers. Havent seen any fry with the dicrossus yet. :)

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes hopefully they will spawn again. This time I had just added the male, left the lights off for 2 days while I was out of town, came back and turned them on and they started spawing immediately.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the rams have bred again. I am finally getting around to setting up my 29 for them today. I was thinking of using sand substrate this time, and maybe moving my rummynose into the tank with them. I still havent been able to spot any dicrossus eggs. I think I have too many males in there. I wonder if a few male dicrossus would be okay with my rams in the 29. Any comments or suggestions??

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Got the rams set up in their own tank now. they seem to like it. I also notice two of my amano shrimp are carrying eggs! this is all so cool!

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wow thanks for the tips! I do have some purple neon tetras and a dwarf cory in there with them. I try not to bother the tank but I have been getting real close looking for eggs so maybe thats the problem. I noticed my rams have spawned again. Hopefully this time some will get a chance to hatch!

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
they are free swimming now. There must be 200 of them! I have been trying to feed them bbs, first bites, and crushed flake food, but they are so small i cant tell if they are eating or not.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts