Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I get a bunch of emails about what our bubble counter is so i figured since one competitors "webmaster" is saying people who sell it are trying to rip you off, I would post some info about it and why it is better than water.

1. The fluid we use is a much thicker solution which makes it much easier to count the bubbles in the viscous fluid.

2. It does not evaporate like regular water will. ( meaning yes there is some evaporation but i have been running the same fluid in mine for over a year.

3. It also will not grow algae in it like water can . Many people do whoever used distilled water and such to decrease the nutrients that may cause algea growth when using water in a bubble counter.

A suggestion when using bubble counter fluid.
Only fill the unit 1/2 of the way full.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
As one person put this in a thread
BEGIN QUOTE
"PS...Why pay for bubble counter fluid when water is almost free? Is it really that hard to fill up the 1 oz bubble counter half way when it does eventually evaporate off a bit of water? Maybe the fact that you only have to do this top off once or twice a year puts some people off, I don't know. What I do know is that we are not going to pick your pocket and recommend you buy something you don't need. (Even if some people don't like that.)" END QUOTE

Well Since we are dealing with a breakable piece that can be easily damaged
I still think bubble counter fluid is the way to go.
I think is eaiser to do a one time refill with this and not have to worry about damaging your bubble counter. Which most stores sell for 19 and up for the jbj

On another note the reason most people move up to "REAL CO2" is due to they are trying to simplify thier lives and fishkeeping.

Yes, bubble counter fluid is not needed
neither is co2
nor bubble counters for that matter
Nor a co2 splitter

It is a nice thing to have..... That makes plantkeeping that much more easier.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts