Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! The 3rd installment of my Bucephelandra series is up on my blog AquaBiota! Here is an excerpt of what you'll find there, for the rest click on the link below! Thank you for taking the time to check out this post ☺ Enjoy!
Inspire91

At first glance this particular variety may not seem very unique or special, but look closer and you will find characteristics of this variety that make it a special part of any Buceph. collection. The leaves aren't very long and slender, this particular variety has short somewhat "stubby" leaves, and the tip is blunt and rounded.
There is very slight ribbing/ruffling around the edge of the leaves, it is not as drastically ribbed like particular other varieties. This variety grows loosely (definitely not as tight as "Kuala Kayan"#1) and it grows in a vertical direction.

·
Super Moderator
6,406 Posts
Everything about it seems unique and special to me...

When will you sell your amazing hoard of these plants? I can't wait... What country are you in anyway...? And how on earth are you keeping the plants so clean of algae?! I don't even see any spot algae.

Looking forwards to reading your blog when I've had a bit of sleep.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey zapins! I'm still working out some things but I think I'll be able to get these out to you folks in the states soon :) Im in japan now for the foreseeable future. Most of these specimens aren't my plants, but when I personally kept these plants, I found that Siamese algae eaters, soft water 5-6 deg. Low/med lighting 2-3 watts a gallon, and smaller frequent water changes gave the same results as the above pic, in terms of keeping algae down. Keeping your water conditions consistent is also key, algae thrives off of spiky water conditions, at least that's what I've found :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts