Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a ten gallon aquarium that I'm trying to set up as a ghost shrimp tank. I got some plants for it that I rinsed under water but now there is an infestation of small bugs in the tank. They're less then a centimeter in length, swim around and sit on the plants and glass. Could someone please help me identify them and let me know if they're harmful or not?

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lol they don't bother me too much if they are harmless but I did notice today that a lot of them are dying. The picture is as big as they get.. I can try to get a better picture though if you need.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Hrm... If there dying that might be a good thing... Beside them rotting in your tank. Is there a lot?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
There are only plants in the tank right now so it doesn't really matter. There were probably at least 30 the second day I looked even though there were only two I saw the first day.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I think you need to put a hungry fish in there...such as a betta, or, whatevers handy. It probably would eliminate the bugs within a few hours!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I decided not to put my fish in the tank since the water would be so much different but I don't see as many live bugs now.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts