Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i read an article about using a cigarette filter to insert into the c02 injection tube and someone responded about using a cotton swab and how it never worked. i cut the end off a Q-tip and pushed it about 1 cm into the tub and left about 1/2 cm out and it created c02 bubbles that are very tiny, almost invisible... i will post a picture within 24 hours so keep checking back.. but my question to all the people who have alot of experience with c02 what should i do with this tube? right now i just have it layed on top of the floss inside my HOB filter that way it flows into the aquarium.. is this a good effective way?

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Stick it into the intake of your canister filter. The filter should chop up the bubbles untill they are all absorbed, and hopefully you wont see any coming out of the return.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Sir_BlackhOle said:
Stick it into the intake of your canister filter. The filter should chop up the bubbles untill they are all absorbed, and hopefully you wont see any coming out of the return.
Don't do this with any cannister, you may end up running the impellor dry. Injecting only seems to work with Eheims.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Raul-7 said:
Sir_BlackhOle said:
Don't do this with any cannister, you may end up running the impellor dry. Injecting only seems to work with Eheims.
Works like a charm with my JBL CristalProfi aswell :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sir_BlackhOle said:
I'm Not using a canister filter, so should i continue to keep it in my hob filter?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts