Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning ahead on getting pressurized C02 system in November. Where do you all get your tanks filled? Is it better to use C02 refills from a beverage distributor or a welding shop? Any places you aware of in the clear lake area or near City Pets? I'm looking at the choice system from Green leaf
Aquariums advertised on APC. Any comments on this system?
Thanks

·
Registered
839 Posts
I got my tank at a welding/gas store. They don't actually fill it there, but they replace my tank with a full one. I think in a larger city or just capabilites of filling you can have your own tanks filled. In other words, if you buy a fancy shinny aluminum tank, be sure you can have it filled somewhere before you buy it.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Check out http://www.beveragekingkegs.com/
They will refill tank for you while you wait and are reliable.
City Pets and Fish Gallery fill tanks but they do not measure the amount of gas they put in. People have had problems with them in the past.
There is a place called Beverage Barn on intersection of Richmond and Jeanetta which is closer to City Pets. I filled my Co2 tanks from them last time.
As Matt said most of the welding places in town will swap out your tank for another one.

Thanks
Bhushan

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
Check out http://www.beveragekingkegs.com/
They will refill tank for you while you wait and are reliable.
City Pets and Fish Gallery fill tanks but they do not measure the amount of gas they put in. People have had problems with them in the past.
There is a place called Beverage Barn on intersection of Richmond and Jeanetta which is closer to City Pets. I filled my Co2 tanks from them last time.
As Matt said most of the welding places in town will swap out your tank for another one.

Thanks
Bhushan
Hey Bhushan
What are the dimesions of a 5lb cylinder and how long does it last in your setup?

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The choice system comes with a nice shiny new 5 lb cylinder so guess a refill place is best. Thanks Bhushan for the heads up on Beverage King as it is close to me.

·
Registered
43 Posts
generally welding shops have better deals to refill and and a 5 or 10 lb tank will do. I currently use a 20lb CO2 tank and i last about 15 months in my 120 planted tank

later!

·
Registered
830 Posts
Check ou the welding supply store over near HAW Matheson Tri-Gas I think

Reasonable on prices and fast. Motly do swap outs so if that bothers you cause you have a "pretty" tank then I can suggest a few other places but not in the areas you call for.
PM me and I will get you the ph#

There is a place in Alvin but use them at your own risk.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I am in College Station, but there is a place called Praxair here that does 5lb CO2 fillups and/or tank swaps. They might have a Houston location.

·
Registered
654 Posts
For the people from SW, I recommend AOC in Rosenburg. They do refill/exchange at a great price.

I would stay away from places that do tank to tank refill. I use to go to beverage king. Doesn't last long at all.

As for Matheson Tri-Gas, beware, sometime they charge all kind of hazardous fee.

·
Registered
654 Posts
For the people from SW, I recommend AOC in Rosenburg. They do refill/exchange at a great price.

I would stay away from places that do tank to tank refill. I use to go to beverage king. Doesn't last long at all.

As for Matheson Tri-Gas, beware, sometime they charge all kind of hazardous fee.
Just got a 5lb refill for $8 and a 15lb for 10. ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts