Aquatic Plant Forum banner

C02

2K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  semaj 
#1 ·
I know how to make the DIY c02 but for a 29 gallon is one 2 liter bottle enough or should i use 2?

#7 ·
It also depends on your mix as well which affects bubble rate and length of time you get useful CO2 production.

I used 1 bottle on my 29s, but I did have an extra bottle which I would make up 24 hours before I switched them so I had the CO2 production going before I switched them.

It also depends on your diffusion method, I recommend the Hagen ladder for that size tank, dirt cheap and it works great.

#8 ·
Excuse me for intruding on your post Vanessa25, but I had a similar question; I'm glad you asked. I also appreciate the helpful advise that others have offered on this subject. I have a 20 gallon long with a 55W power compact bulb and my water is on the hard side (GH = ~8 degrees). I am experimenting with DIY Yeast CO2 (Nyberg method), as I plan to add plants that require CO2 supplementation. I am using one 2L bottle, but this does not seem to be producing enough CO2 (based on GH/pH table). After reading comments posted in this thread, I will probably add another bottle soon. My question is this: On average, what type of CO2 levels should I expect to obtain from the DIY yeast CO2 method? I understand that CO2 production using this method can be variable, but I'm just looking for a guideline to gauge how well my system is producing CO2. So maybe some of you experts that have long since moved on to compressed CO2 can think back to your beginner days and lend me some advice. Thanks in advance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.