Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Friends,

Just wanted to know if I use a stem of Cabamba as flaoting plant ? Will the plant do well or will it die back ?

Kindly guide me...

Thanks and Regards

Kush

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi there !

Thanks a lot for the kind reply. Somebody told me that they are rooting plants and will die very quickly if not planted and left as floaters. Is this true, or can I surely keep them just floating ? So I dont need to root them in the substrate ?

Kindly guide me...

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi there !

Will the bioload of the tank be enough to sustain them ? I'm mean, I'm having a few stems floating in my 4 feet frontosa tank, which has a high bioload. Will that be enough for the plants growth or do I have to dose it in addition to that ?

I thought that the plant would absorb the excess nutrients, helping in balance of the tank...

Kindly let me know if this will be ok or will the plant die back ?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So plant wont survive if I dont dose fertilizers ? I really dont have any fertilizers and I cant seem to get any here... Wont regular water changes provide enough trace elements ? I only have a few cabomba stems in the tank and no other plants... Please advice on what should I do ? Can I keep the stems in the tank or is it better to remove them ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.