Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,540 Posts
I've never used that particular one. I have some similar that I got off of Ebay. I found that they get clogged in my water. They are almost impossible to clean. I have tried bleach and vinegar. Not sure what else might work. I had plenty of pressure at first - until they clogged.

Maybe others will have a better answer for you.

·
Registered
310 Posts
i used ones like that before with diy co2 and worked but did clog faster than others. use hydrogen peroxide clean the diffusers. i put alittle on top and it goes through ceramic disc in hour or so, works great!

·
Registered
213 Posts
I use one too though haven't had it clog up before. I did have some trouble with it at first, but I let it soak in bleach for an hour and it fixed it. I've never had to do it again.
Scouter

·
Registered
345 Posts
Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: Yes, I have one similar (the rip-off eBay version), and it works fine with DIY. I can't say I've had clogging issues, though... I set aside one day a week for tank maitenance, during this time I drop the water level, re-fill one of the DIY CO2 bottles and remove the diffusor from the tank. I have a suction-cup clip outside the tank where I mount the diffusor and tip a small amount of bleach into it. Twenty minutes later, the tank is full and clean again, plants are trimmed and the CO2 is flowing. No worries, mate! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts