Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, everyone!

I recently bought these two plants but i'm not really sure what they are... Please help me ID them and if anyone knows how to care for them emersed or submersed, that'd be great too.

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,001 Posts
Sorry, it isn't Microsorum pteropus 'Windelov'. I don't know what it is, but probably not even the same species as 'Windelov'. Where are you located? The seller may have been telling the truth.

The second one may be Hygrophila pinnatifida. I'm not as familiar with the emersed growth of this species.

·
Banned
2,630 Posts
ive owned the first plant before they sell them at Petco, THEY ARE NONE AQUATIC! all they do in water is shoot off DOZENS of babies from their leaves. But don't actually grow or spread.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thanks for all the responses!
I've looked it up and the 1st plant does seem to be the selaginella stuff... Do you guys think I should take the fern out of my tank?
2nd one does seem to be hygrophila pinnatifida. cool! :D

·
Premium Member
7,436 Posts
I would remove the selaginella - nothing good comes from keeping a non-aquatic plant in an aquarium. Actually, I would also remove the H. pinnatifida, because I have never been able to make it grow, but I wish you success with it! I'm slowly getting the urge to try it again:whoo:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would remove the selaginella - nothing good comes from keeping a non-aquatic plant in an aquarium. Actually, I would also remove the H. pinnatifida, because I have never been able to make it grow, but I wish you success with it! I'm slowly getting the urge to try it again:whoo:
Alright I'll go do that :) I guess I'll just grow the selaginella in our family's garden or something. I've put the pinnatifida in my emersed set up, hope that one goes well...
Thanks a lot! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.