Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
I don't know exactly what it is, but I can tell you that it's not an aquatic plant. It will eventually rot away. I don't know why aquarium shops do this other than "people buy it," but it's a practice that's generally frowned upon by aquarists (to put it lightly).

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. It is a lovely plant, though. I'll bet it'll stay beautiful in a pot or terrarium.

-Naomi

·
Registered
389 Posts
Well, at least be cautiously optimistic. If you've heard of "mondo grass," this stuff is another non-aquatic that's often sold as an aquatic, and it can actually survive and even put out new growth under water for months. At some point, however, it supposedly starts rotting away. Never tried it myself...

Whether or not you manage to keep it alive for the long-term, it's a beautiful plant for now. If you do start noticing degradation in the condition of the plant, you should remove it immediately. Good luck!

-Naomi

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.