Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious about NASH. Can someone give me some basics of what NASH does? Do they have monthly meetings? If so, where and when? Is it a large group with speakers or more of a social get together? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Hi,

Thanks for finding out about us. We are a local club in Houston dedicated to the art and craft of keeping planted tanks. There are a few of us who have been in the hobby for a while and so we try to disseminate the knowledge around. Keeping planted tanks really isn't as difficult as many may think. So that's the basic idea. The club is pretty laid back with members who are pretty down-to-earth and easy to talk to. We try to have one formal meeting once a month, if everything goes well(IE weather) But other than that, we also have informal gathering whenever and wherever. We post all that information right here in NASH thread.

The first meeting is free, with an annual membership fee of $25 paid during the subsequent meetings. This fee is to help us cover fees such as invitations for guest-speakers as well as hold fun events such as plant collection trip. It also gives members privileges of swapping and trading planted goods. And this is often the case on how we obtain some really cool plants and related goods.

Hope this helps and we look forward to having you drop at one of our meetings and see for yourself:)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds great! What part of town are the meetings held?

·
Registered
640 Posts
Vicki, We don't have a fixed location for our meetings. Generally ADG or HAW kindly allow us to use there premises for our meetings and presentations. Some times we hold our meetings at different restaurants which are convenient for the members to meet up.

Thanks
Bhushan

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds good! I'll watch for the announcements of future meetings or get-togethers. If something's on the SW part of Houston, I might be able to come. :)

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Vicki,

I'm from Sugar Land, too:) Those two places mentioned really aren't that far. ADG, for instance, is on Alabama and Buffalo; within the Loop. So stay tuned for more update on the future meeting:)

·
Registered
469 Posts
Complexity,
I live in Clear Lake and the trip to ADG is well worth it. Their tanks are a real pleasure to view and the members are really helpful too. Now if I could just find a member in my area to car pool with.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice to meet you both! Paul, how nice to have someone so close. And I agree that a trip to ADG is well worth it. I've never been there yet, but I'd love to go one day.

I'm encouraged that there are some activities on this side of town. I hope to be able to come to a meeting sometime soon. I'll try to keep an eye on this forum for announcements. :smile:

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
Hi, Vicki! I'm moving to Houston this coming weekend and I plan on going to the next meeting. I've heard lots of great things about NASH so far.

Glenn, I have no idea where ADG is, but I don't mind swinging by to pick you up for meetings. I'll be living just off the beltway.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I'll be a going whenever they decide when. We'll meet somewhere before the meeting. Looks like I might be getting pressurized co2 by mid month. Get the tubing ordered.:wave:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow, I'm really looking forward to coming at next month's meeting! I hope it's scheduled for a day/time that I can come. I'd love to meet you all!

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
Vicki,
Most everyone (I think) is meeting for dinner at 6-7pm this Saturday at Star Pizza (2111 Norfolk is the address?) . Look at the thread in the NASH forum titled "looking for E. tenellus" or something like that.

Hope to see you there.

-Dave

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'd love to come this Saturday, but I can't commit to it since I'm dealing with the move. Saturday is the last day of my lease so I'll be doing final cleaning and then moving the remainder of my stuff out.

If I don't make it this Saturday, I hope to be able to come the next time. I'm not on this board every day so I don't see all the posts, but I'll look for it for next month.

BTW, congratulations on moving to Houston! You'll love our Fall, Winter and Spring seasons. And love our a/c during the Summer! [smilie=l:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts