·
Registered
311 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I actually have use one of these from them:

http://www.beveragefactory.com/draf...economy_single_gauge_beer_co2_regulator.shtml

... if you want to go super cheap. Only drawback is you don't see when the tank is almost empty...
Well, to begin with, I like your nick! Probably because my brother-in-law holds a bunch of european championships in taekwando...

I'm working on a list of things which I have to have to start running my 180 g.tank, and I'm finding out that all what I would like to have in it and below it, adds up to a dangerous level when you take under consideration that I'm married to the sister of taekwando champion ....

I like the composition of the substrate you use. I was thinking about something along that line since I have laterite under my pasture, which I intend to mix with some sand, Turface and possibly v.small gravel. Possibly with a heating cable running just under the tank.

I woul like some input along these lines, if someone likes to spill some golden thoughts, please.

·
Registered
311 Posts
i HATE the laterite.

Wish I would have never added it.

I just rescaped, and spent the last two days filtering dust from everywhere and everything.

You've been warned! ;)

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is a good read, and also works fantastic at growing plants in aquariums :)
http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/...-mineralized-soil-substrate-aaron-talbot.html

Regards, Orlando
Thanks a lot, Orlando ( ....in Gainesville!). I suspect that they washed and washed that soil mostly because of some lingering 'no-no's' from the time, when most of us were frightening our mothers after having fun in some puddles of water.

Atavism of a sorts, you know...

And yes, I've red all about that, but my red clay here, under a couple feet of 'sugar sand', is as clean as it can be and I speculate that with montmorillonite (Turface), sand and small gravel, it should work out for me. After all, Turface is used on golf courses since early '70ties, so why not in aquariums....

So, being an optimist, I'm saying - 'we will se'

Encantado. EdwardN.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
i HATE the laterite.

Wish I would have never added it.

I just rescaped, and spent the last two days filtering dust from everywhere and everything.

You've been warned! ;)
Do you think that a layer of sharp sand, calcinated clay and 1-2" of small gravel (2/16" in diameter) over laterite clay won't keep it where is buried?

Does it need a wooden stake?!

I think that you had problems with it, because it was ...'that damned Georgia clay'. Here, as far as I can say, nobody ever swears over Florida clay. Because of swamps - yes, but never over our clay... ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts