Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Make a newsletter

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was browsing this forum today for the first time in...
a while actually...

And when i hit the "Aquatic plant central" logo in the top left, and viewed the posts on the front page, i noticed they *Still* hadn't been updated from when i last viewed them Months ago.

Is there a way we could resurrect all this again? maybe start a news letter and keep things up-to-date?
Id be more than willing to help make a newsletter or something as i am very good with things like that- but i would totally sign up myself to get a newsletter from here every... few weeks or a month, with just stuff in it like featured tanks, journals, information, etc etc. Like a online monthly magazine.

Besides the newsletter idea, things on the front page are as stale as a saltine can get, things aren't updated At All on the front page, and need a touch of love. I can't be the only one who checks the front page... and also wish this.

Not to mention things such as the algae finder,

i don't think the visual aspect of this has Ever been updated, it looks like something someone made on microsoft word!

I really do believe that this truly is a great idea,
Let me know what you think plz, i turned email notifications on for this post... lol....

Thanks,
Nate

·
Registered
26 Posts
I forum is only as good as those that use it and it helps to have involved mod’s and users. I have been a mod on various aquarium forums since 1979. Currently do Reef squad work on Reef 2Reef. I was one of the first reef squad members which has the duty of making sure all questions are answered and the forum stays a friendly and welcoming place for users. This work has caused R2R to be the highest traffic aquatic forum on the internet. I read all aquarium forums around the world everyday and wish there was a freshwater forum as engaging as R2R. It takes effort to do that thou. Would help a freshwater forum get there for sure as it is needed.

·
Super Moderator
7,436 Posts
My gut feeling is that APC is not attracting as much traffic as in the past. That tells me there is something that could be improved to attract more people, but I don't think a "newsletter" is that something. Why not first ask what everyone who still visits here would like to see that would increase the number of visits they make? Maybe that would support adding a "newsletter", but maybe not, too.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I updated the link to a mock up at the end of this thread:
https://www.aquaticplantcentral.com...226-apc-home-page-suggestions.html#post891050

There was an email newsletter that came out for a while, called "Trending Posts". The last one I got was in August. Here's the intro they put on it:
"We're testing a new weekly guide to trending discussions at AquaticPlantCentral.com. We hope you find it useful. Your feedback is welcome! If you have any suggestions, please reply to this email (our earlier emails weren't routing replies correctly, which we've now fixed). The service we use - Threadloom - will collect your feedback and use it to make a better newsletter. If you don't want to receive this newsletter anymore, click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email. Thanks!"

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well im glad this is at least getting some attention, especially that of experienced members.

Now all we need is administrative attention to bring this idea to life, that and permission of course.

You have the volunteers, its your move now.

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oddly enough I came across this topic in a Trending Posts email.
Oddly enough the admins of the site have not replied to this post yet :(

·
Administrator
362 Posts
Hello there,

As Kevin noted in the other thread, techs are wrapped up in software upgrades to sites in our network, something that will probably be happening here as well. Until then, this suggestion will be on hold.

Ed

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hello there,

As Kevin noted in the other thread, techs are wrapped up in software upgrades to sites in our network
as a guy who isnt a pc guy

what is this mean? :confused:

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The tech tam is currently working on a long to do list issues across along list of sites.
-Philip
oh ok cool thanks haha :D

So you guys don't only work on this site?

·
Administrator
362 Posts
Hey,

No, we work on a number of sites. We're currently working on making the functionality of our sites better. I'll add the newsletter request to our wishlist and it will be added once the tech team frees up.

Niall

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey,

No, we work on a number of sites. We're currently working on making the functionality of our sites better. I'll add the newsletter request to our wishlist and it will be added once the tech team frees up.

Niall
whats the ETA on "free time of the tech team"

as for the newsletter, as u can tell by the POLL and my description, i think everyone rather have a new front page thats actually active.

just read the replies?..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts