Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a Marineland C160 in my 29g. I recently started setting up a compressed C02 system with a aqua medic 1000 reactor. My C160 does not have enough flow rate to cause any turbance on the reactor. I'm going to have to get a new filter any recomendations?

·
Jedi
676 Posts
If the current filter provides enough flow for the tank then no reason for a new one. I think too much flow would cause problem with AM 1000. Just make sure you position the reaktor so the bubbles are beat up by the flow of the water. The co2 tube outlet should be at the bottom and bubbles should be going up...playing reverse clinko. :) I do not see turbulence in any of my AM 1000 even one connected to Eheim 2080. Only if the co2 is too high and gas collects at the top, but bubble count should not be that high. The bubbles should be in the reaktor being dissolved.

I only like Eheim Pro II, III series canister filters.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got a 2028. Getting frustrated with this reactor. The intake and outake of the reactor is 12/16 tubing my 2028 tubing is 16/22. Any suggestions on getting it hooked up to my filter?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts