Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
How about an Eheim 2224? I have several on aquariums 20-30 US gallons. They're very reliable, silent, and most often come with media. I inject CO2 into the intake and they never lock up. Media in baskets is convenient. The price is relatively cheap - look around on-line and you might well come up with a good deal. On a 30 US gallon, I fill the lower chamber with foam bits and the upper with the provided Eheim media.

Andrew Cribb

·
Registered
80 Posts
or HOT 250

I have a HOT 250 clone on a 40 gallon and I think it would do well for a 30 gallon also.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Re: or HOT 250

Rena Filtstar XP1 does me good, its a little overpowered, I just remove the spray bar and use the straight tubing as an outlet. I like this filter, good for the $ only problem is its a little noisy relative to Eheim.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Either an Eheim 2222 or the 2213. Add the priming bulb to the 2213 and it becomes exactly like the 2222. The 2213 is $65 at superfishstore.com

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Raul-7 said:
Either an Eheim 2222 or the 2213. Add the priming bulb to the 2213 and it becomes exactly like the 2222. The 2213 is $65 at superfishstore.com
I love my Eheim 2213 on my 26-G. I inject CO2 in the inlet. Works like a charm. Quiet/silent operation, great stuff. I'd buy it again in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
98 Posts
pineapple said:
How about an Eheim 2224? I have several on aquariums 20-30 US gallons. They're very reliable, silent, and most often come with media. I inject CO2 into the intake and they never lock up. Media in baskets is convenient. The price is relatively cheap - look around on-line and you might well come up with a good deal. On a 30 US gallon, I fill the lower chamber with foam bits and the upper with the provided Eheim media.

Andrew Cribb
The 2224 is whisper quiet! HIGHLY recommended!

·
Registered
426 Posts
It is in my humblest of opinion that two small filters are better than a single large one, especially for large rectangular tanks. Such a configuration provides for greater flexibility as well as efficient and thorough circulation. I run 2x Eheim 2213 on my 29G.

If you're shopping for Eheim 2213 online, then I highly recommend snipping one of exotic-fish's auctions, and ask to purchase additionals to save on shipping. With a little patience, it is less expensive than even BigAlsOnline. [smilie=t:

·
Registered
22 Posts
John P. said:
I love my Eheim 2213 on my 26-G. I inject CO2 in the inlet. Works like a charm. Quiet/silent operation, great stuff. I'd buy it again in a heartbeat.
Thats interesting, I just had my 2213 seize up on me after only 2 months of service. The only thing it could be outside of a factory flaw is my co2 injection. Either way, I'm building a reactor and buying the priming bubble.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
My aquarium is only 26 gallons, and my kH is 4. So . . . I'm not bubbling a lot of CO2 in there to bring my levels to 30ppm. Maybe this accounts for the different results?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yes, I have a 26 gallon too. However, mine is a bowfront high tank, quite the opposite of your tank. Anyhow, my KH stays around 4 and I was counting about 15 bpm out of my 3/16" airline.

I have a new pump head ordered and i'm building a reactor to go after my pump. Peace of mind for me, by eliminating possible causes.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Have alook at the ADA SUPER-JET series, model ES-600. Primo! All stainless-steel construction- zero plastic- will last forever. The Iwaki powerplant is second to none.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts