Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sorry to dredge this thread up but I am looking into what options exist for a canister filter for a 10g tank. dennis I was wondering if you could share your experiences now that you have had the fluval 104 for close to two years.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks all for the feedback. I was doing some reading and came across the Zoo Med 501 which I had never heard of. I ended up buying one but I am having second thoughts from some of the write ups that I have read on some turtle and amphibian sites. I may take it back depending on what else I find out (although it is a few bucks cheaper than the Fluval).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks all for the feedback. I was doing some reading and came across the Zoo Med 501 which I had never heard of. I ended up buying one but I am having second thoughts from some of the write ups that I have read on some turtle and amphibian sites. I may take it back depending on what else I find out (although it is a few bucks cheaper than the Fluval).

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'll try to keep you informed. Also, for those of you in Canada near a Petcetera store it looks like they carry their own storebrand version of the Zoo Med 501. Only instead of being in the reptile section (as is the case in Petsmart) Petcetera carries theirs in the aquarium section.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks kilroy. I had my suspicions that what you pointed out about their use in turtle tanks was the case. I was pricing Fluval 104s and Filstar XP1s and I think I'll give my little Zoo Med a chance as it is a bit cheaper than the others.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts