Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've tried to add an avatar and keep getting an "invalid file" message. I've tried a jpg, bmp & gif, all under the 80x80 pixels and 19.5kb threshold. Not sure what the issue is.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I was going to attach the pics as attachments here...but I can't find an attachment button. I've done it before. Am I getting dumber?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, it's the right size. Any other ideas?

I see this forum prohibits images, but it is on my personal photo folder. It's the only one there.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes

·
Support Team
64 Posts
Just for the sake of clarity, if you could detail the steps you took to get to the error, it would help to troubleshoot the exact problem.

Thanks.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I tried to add my avatar by doing the following:

- Quick Links > Edit Options > Edit Avatar
- I had an image saved on my local PC so I browsed and clicked upload and kept getting the 'invalid image' message. I made sure the image was the proper size (even smaller) and tried several formats; jpg, jpeg, gif etc..

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey it works!

Thanks!

·
Registered
820 Posts
Having the same problem on jpg file on avatar (invalid file). Same issue as when I tried to upload jpg file to the thread (reported in another thread). The jpg is PC generated one using simple software comes with Windows XP, Paint. The file is only 2Kb.

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Having the same problem on jpg file on avatar (invalid file). Same issue as when I tried to upload jpg file to the thread (reported in another thread). The jpg is PC generated one using simple software comes with Windows XP, Paint. The file is only 2Kb.
Hey guys,

Sometimes the vBulletin software acts up and prevents jpg files from being upload. Can you guys try hosting the image file to another host and see if it works?

Thanks!
Jasper

1 - 20 of 22 Posts