Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to edit a post of mine in the For Sale section to mark that the item was sold, but I couldn't edit it. There were no longer edit buttons available. I had edited this post previously to mark that a sale was pending. I don't understand why I couldn't edit it. Instead, I had to post a new reply at the bottom of my thread that the item was sold. This is it here: http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/sale-trade/56712-fs-cryptocoryne-lucens.html

BTW, why does APC not allow people to edit the title of a post to mark that an item(s) is SOLD? It saves people time that way.

·
Premium Member
2,096 Posts
you can edit posts a certain period of time after posting, but a limit has been set because of previous members abusing the edit function in the past.....

once you post it as sold it will fall down the list of posts quickly, editing the title is not necessary....

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you can edit posts a certain period of time after posting, but a limit has been set because of previous members abusing the edit function in the past.....

once you post it as sold it will fall down the list of posts quickly, editing the title is not necessary....
Well, when I posted it as sold it went to the very top of the list. Anyone who clicks on it isn't going to know it's sold until you get to the end of the thread. I think that's a waste of someone's time.

·
Premium Member
2,096 Posts
I think they'll deal with it. The editing rules were changed for a reason, and will stay so. Thanks for your understanding.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts