Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This upcoming weekend, Saturday the 8th, will be our annual Fish Food Frenzy (that's what I'm calling it, at least, until someone comes up with a better name). Come on over and help us break a blender or two while preparing yummy treats for our fishy friends! The only price of admission is to bring one ingredient—and come with enough to share. Tell your friends and neighbors, too.

This year we're working off a "fish jello" recipe written up by Frank Greco (see attachment). As always, I'm sure we'll get creative, so there are plenty more ingredient options than what's mentioned in that recipe. Also attached is a generic list of potential food ingredients (by no means exhaustive, but it'll give you ideas).

Also feel free to bring any plants that you might have for swapping.

PM me if you need the address. Park wherever and go 'round the back of the house to the bilco doors. The fishroom is in the basement. I even dusted off the table for us to use.

Please RSVP so we can get a rough head count. :)

I'll keep a running tab here for who's bringing what ingredient, so we can try to avoid overlaps:
Amanda & Michaela — Powdered alfalfa, wheat grass, kelp
Leslie — blenders, carrots, garlic, flake food, greens, and gelatin
Julie—Blender, Vitamin D/Calcium supplement, Fish food pellet (crushed), Will try to get beef heart
Kristina—Gelatin
Bekah—peas

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
I _might_ actually be able to make this one! I'm definitely working at the Aquarium in the morning, but not certain yet about the afternoon. If I have it off, I'd love to be there - and I'm sitting here looking at a bottle of flax/fish/borage oil omega 3-6-9 supplements which have (by a few months) passed their "best-by" date. Would that be of any use?

Can bring other things if needed - and assuming I don't wind up having to work!

~Bruce

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, we'd love to have you if you're not needed at work! The omega oil is still fine, I'm sure, unless you think it smells rancid or something (on the other hand, that might just be because it's made from fish...). Besides, I suspect those companies always err on the early side with expiration dates... better to have you think it's gone bad and buy a new one than get sued because you ate it the day before it supposedly expired and got sick, right?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Blender
Vitamin D/Calcium supplement
Fish food pellet (crushed)
Will try to get beef heart
Anything else I can find :)

Julie

·
Registered
35 Posts
I am bringing some Assassin snails as well. Would anyone have a couple of male cherry and crystal shrimp to share or trade?
Julie

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bruce—sorry to hear you'll be busy, but at least you have a cool job full of aquaria! Hope you have a good weekend, in any case.

Julie—I can give you a couple of male cherries. I think I'm set on the assassin front, but as always, I'm open to adopting if no one else wants them :)

I updated the list at the top to reflect current RSVP status. Unless the male contingent is out to lunch and forgot to reply, it seems we're having an all-ladies meeting. Dudes, where are you lot hiding? You can't possibly all have new kids eating up your time, or all be in Philly, or whatever other excuses I've been hearing!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts