Aquatic Plant Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I dunno, she's just talented like that o_O' Apparently she broke it doing lunges in P.E. - this is the same leg that had the double (tibia & fibula) compound fracture in that trampoline accident a few years back, so it is weakened, but your guess is as good as mine with regard to how she actually managed that one. At first they thought it was just dislocated, but after they got her in the ER and tried to put it back in place twice and it wouldn't stay, they did some additional CT scans and found a piece was broken off.

I actually feel worse for my parents atm, who've been sitting in the emergency room for a good 13 hours by now - last I spoke to Mimi, 'fore they took her to the OR, she was too doped up on morphine to care much (she treated me to a lengthy ramble on how she broke her kneecap and something was wrong with her patella, and didn't quite seem to get that they were the same thing); my parents on the other hand are flipping out in all directions and the docs ain't giving them the good stuff. They're keeping her overnight, though, so I guess she won't make it to the meeting tomorrow. :(

And back to the relevant conversation, does anybody have a fabric tablecloth for a 8-10' rectangular table? I want to make sure the tanks have something nice to rest on top of, somehow I think we'll lose points in the presentation front if we have a scratched up old tabletop, and those plastic covers are horrible....

·
Registered
35 Posts
I am hoping to be there tomorrow... Can I bring any snacks or soda? I don't have a lot in the manner of plants, but I would like to chip in if I can. Let me know!
*Could you please send me your address via APC message? I have temporarily lost my at&t email account.
Julie

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Snack donations would be much appreciated, too! :)

sending address pm now.

Seeya tomorrow Julie!

·
Registered
147 Posts
It was a great meeting. It was definitely fun meeting everyone and I hope we can do it again soon.

I had some Amazon gift cards I needed to use and in a moment of weakness I broke down and bought a Finnex 4 gallon deluxe kit. I don't know if it will arrive by Friday, but if it does, you're welcome to use it in the show.

I was actually just going to use the light and canister filter for another nano cube, but for the price of the separate components, spending about $10 more gets you the tank.

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
Julie took some shots, but her internet access is patchy AFAIK so it might be a little while 'fore she gets them uploaded.

Buuuut, we had lots of fun. Thanks for coming everybody! Looking forward to seeing you all on Fri/Sat/Sun. :) For those who missed us this past weekend, here's our schedule for the NAS show:

Fri 9/30 7pm-10pm: setup for the display, open to anyone helping with setup (Earthplace, Westport, CT)
Sat 8/1 12pm-4pm: NAS Show (& our display) (Westport, CT)
Sat 8/1 6:30pm-9pm: Dinner & Bagging Party (Amanda's Fishroom - pot luck dinner, everyone bring a dish! - Fairfield, CT)
Sun 8/2 10am-2pm: show continues (Westport, CT)
Sun 8/2 12pm: auction starts (continues until all lots are sold) (Westport, CT)

·
Registered
147 Posts
By the way, my Edge is now a high light tank! I got a $40 V-Light Desktop Full Spectrum Lamp at Staples which puts out an amazing 27 watts of 6500K light. It's basically the same lamp as the "Hampton Bay" light. Cheap, made in china, but works great. Dosing Excel and Flourish comprehensive and getting some great growth in the last few days:

Staurogyne Repens is doing great, already sprouted a few new leaves (thanks John!):

This is the problem I was talking about with the driftwood. It takes up almost 2/3rds the width of the tank, from front to back. Next week during my water change I'm going to remove it and replace it with a (much smaller) pagoda stone. Then those stem plants can all get moved to the back where they belong:

FTS:

21 - 39 of 39 Posts