Aquatic Plant Forum banner

21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Hi i am new to the forum and i am interested in possibly joining the club lol. Where exactly would the meets be held? What is needed in order to be a member? Ive neer joined before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Welcome! Please contact our club President, Asukawashere, to get more information about joining the club... As for the location, the past meetings was held at Asuka's place in Fairfield, CT...

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Yep, send me your email addy in a PM and I can add you to our mailing list. We often meet in Fairfield, but we do try to meet in other places when we get the chance. :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
There is no December meeting planned, but I wouldn't mind attending one. I think Amanda let us have December off because of the holidays, etc, but we should try to meet up if you guys aren't too busy.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I am off the last week of the year, If you'd like, I don't mind hosting either.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Awesome! I would love to see your tanks sometime.

I have an idea for our meet - let's make Walstad bowls. I have a big bag of Miracle Gro Organic Potting Soil, and some sand to cap it. I also have 2x 40% off coupons for Michaels - pick your own bowl - $5-$25 (the most expensive one is $25) and use the coupon.

Use whatever light you have at your house, or we can use these really cool Ikea LED lights I found for $10. So, for the price of a bowl and a light (about $20 total) you have a really nice Walstad bowl.

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
If we do have a meeting, I totally vote for having a secret santa or something! :) Luke's Walstad-style bowls would also be a fun activity. :)

Tonny, what time & day would you be willing to host a meeting? I'm more or less free that week except on Wednesday and Thursday.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I am off that week. I am not available Monday and Tuesday in the morning. But otherwise I am free. Per Amanda's schedule, let's try Tuesday afternoon or Friday?

Storm, I have a couple of those led lights :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
I am off that week. I am not available Monday and Tuesday in the morning. But otherwise I am free. Per Amanda's schedule, let's try Tuesday afternoon or Friday?

Storm, I have a couple of those led lights :)
Do they grow plants well? I just planted a bowl yesterday with it. Tuesday or Friday works well for me.

·
Registered
894 Posts
I'm working that week but Friday we'll close early at 3pm so I can just drive down to Tonny's after...

- Message posted using Tapatalk HD app via iPad -

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #39 (Edited)
I sent out a notice to the club mailing list today, to see if anyone else wants to come. :)

We're doing a gift swap, so everybody bring a wrapped present (I figure once we're there, we'll draw names out of a hat to see who gets whose gift... it's better than doing a secret santa in advance, just in case someone can't make it at the last minute or something).

BTW, if you get the chance in the next few hours, you may want to stop at Purrfect Pets in Milford. They're having a big going-out-of-business sale, 75% off everything. I hauled off a couple of 10g tanks, several heaters, filters, etc. this morning. Got a really neat Fluval submersible filter for my 55g molly tank for just a couple bucks :) It'd be a good place to pick up a gift for the above exchange...

...Also my sister's idiot horse stepped on my toe this morning. Toe is in pain now.

21 - 40 of 76 Posts